Hello! My name is Ryo Maie, and I’m currently a second-year PhD student in the SLS program at Michigan State University. Please follow the menu above for more details about me and my work.
I am originally from Ibaraki Prefecture of Japan, located in the northeastern part of the Kanto region (Tokyo is in this region too). I grew up in a small rural city named Omitama (used to be a town named Ogawa till 2006) with a dialect that is characterized by a moderate accent and a particular variety of vocabulary, which people sometimes make fun of me about.
Before joining the SLS program, I completed my master’s degree in Second Language Acquisition at University of Maryland, College Park, bachelor’s degree at Kanda University of International Studies in Japan, and study abroad at Dartmouth College. Please visit my CV page for more details.
- 2018 - Present
- Doctor of Philosophy in Second Language Studies
- Michigan State University
- 2016 - 2018
- Master of Arts in Second Language Acquisition
- University of Maryland, College Park
- 2014 - 2015
- Exchange and transfer student in Psychology and Linguistics
- Dartmouth College
- 2012 - 2016
- Bachelor of Arts in English and Language Science
- Kanda University of International Studies